Bitcoin mining software is equally important for mining as much as the bitcoin hardware is. Software functions like a go-between you as the end-user and the hardware being used in the bitcoin blockchain network. Through the software, miners receive the work and they deliver the completed work back to the blockchain via the software. The software cannot run independently and require specific hardware configurations. In other words, the software does its work with the aid of some hardware installed in a computer system.
How it works:
If you are planning to go solo, the bitcoin mining software connects you to your blockchain and if you are mining it in a pool then the software will connect you to a bitcoin mining portal. If you are opting for the cloud mining, you will not require any mining software. The software dispenses the digital statistics into the network and converts it into proper information to enable you to know the data. This, in turn, permits you to monitor all the information like hash rate, fan speed, the speed of a bitcoin miner, temperature of hardware and similar on your screen.
You require a bitcoin wallet before you can proceed your mining activities. The wallet will contain your bitcoin address. It is necessary to send and receive payouts and rewards for all your future transactions. Once you have your address you must fill up in the bitcoin mining software. There are several popular wallets that you could choose from. You could also purchase a hardware wallet which is far more secure than the others.
The best bitcoin mining software is compatible with all the top operating systems including Mac, Linux, and Windows. Some of the top software available are as follows
1. CGminer: The software is written in C, supports all the platforms, and is the most popular GPU/ASIC/FPGA miner. The features that the software offers include monitoring, fan speed control, overclocking, self-detection of new blocks, multiple GPU support, and more.
2. BFGminer: This software is an offshoot of the CGminer, intended explicitly for FPGA and ASICs, but unlike CGminer does not focus on GPUs. In addition to being a highly adaptable program, BFGminer has exciting attributes like integrated overclocking, vector support, support for mining with free Mesa/LLVM OpenCL, fan control, ADL device reordering by PCI bus ID, and for getting block template distributed mining protocol and also crypt mining support for both CPU and OpenCL (GPU).
3. Bitminter: BitMinter is certainly not among the most popular mining software, but is rated among the best when it comes to engaging with consumers and probable clients. It is owned by a mining pool and requires you to register before using it. It is compatible with operating systems like Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. It guarantees high-speed and supports mining on OpenCL-compatible GPUs or ASICs/FPGAs.
4. BTCMiner: It is open source software that runs on the operating systems Linux and Windows for ZTEX USB-FPGA Modules 1.15. Windows users must install libusb driver, the cross-platform library. The software offers a ready-to-use Bitstream that can be operated without any license.
5. Poclbm: The GPU Bitcoin mining software written in Python, uses the OpenCL framework to complete the hashing calculations in a rapid way. This framework allows computer programmers to write codes that work across a wide range of hardware, exhibits all its capabilities when applied with a modern GPU, producing hash rates of higher magnitude than what can be attained with the standard CPU.
6. DiabloMiner: The Java- based GPU Bitcoin miner uses the OpenCL framework. It allows its users to achieve the hashing computations in a very quick way. DiabloMiner supports unlimited pools and can shift to the next pool in case there is a connection failure, and returns to the first one every 60 minutes.
7. Bitcoin Miner: It is an easy to use software with capabilities to auto switch to power saving mode. It allows fast share submissions and can be a good help in profit calculation. It lets you know the status if you are gaining any profit or not. It is available for Mac and Windows users.
8. Easy Miner: The GUI based software works as a shield for BFG and CG miner software. It supports both solo and pool mining. You can track your mining activities in a visual graph form and gives a report on your performance. It supports all the major operating systems.
Bitcoin mining software is not required if you intend to do cloud mining. You do not have to worry about expenditure on power, mining hardware, bandwidth, or their maintenance in addition to the software issues like upgrades and updates. Cloud mining providers include.
HashGains Hashgains offers world-class cryptocurrency mining services to investors at competitive prices. Its state-of-the-art data center is highly efficient. You can use from a wide range of mining plans and start mining your desired cryptocurrency.
Genesis Mining: It is the largest and offers three different plans.
Hashing 24: It is there since the inception of bitcoin and uses the latest ASIC chips.